Wow – we are so proud of our little Club Penguin fans. Would you believe that over Christmas they donated 12 billion of their hard-earned virtual coins? In an incredible show of Christmas spirit, one of the players (Red Apollo) confessed they had donated over 5000 coins earned through playing Club Penguin games.
As promised, Disney Online Studios will be spreading a $1 million donation amongst deserving charities in the real world, with the coins serving as votes for the kids’ preferred causes. Here is the breakdown –
- $300,000 will go to build safe places
- $360,000 will go to protect the earth
- $340,000 will go to provide medical help
Club Penguin has released a thank you video for the kids who participated – you can have a look here: Coins for Change 2010 Thank You Video
WINNERS OF OUR COINS FOR CHANGE COMPETITION
Thank you to everyone who helped promote this event, and for the mentions on Facebook, Twitter and your own blogs and websites. We’ve selected two of our “sharers” to win some lovely prizes kindly donated by the folks over at Club Penguin:
- Cheryl P has won a copy of The World Needs Your Kid: How to Raise Children Who Care and Contribute, a Club Penguin Puffle and a Ninja Penguin
- We’re just waiting for to hear back from our second winner, who’s won a copy of The World Needs Your Kid: How to Raise Children Who Care and Contribute, and a Club Penguin Puffle.
Latest posts by Janis (see all)
- Summer Reads: Prize giveaway PLUS a monstrously funny Darkmouth interview - July 8, 2017
- 3 DIY World Book Day Costumes You’ll Love - February 25, 2017
- Best Kids’ eBooks for Kindle - December 24, 2016