Our prize draw celebrating the 10th Annual National Storytelling Week was a resounding success, with nearly 800 mums, dads and carers finding lovely little storytelling events near them, writing about their experiences, and keeping us positively chirpy amidst a flurry of tweets.
Our favourite storytelling-related review was of the stunning Cannock Chase in Staffordshire by @seriouslykooky :
This wooded area is a brilliant place for people of all ages and all abilities. There are walks with level paths suitable for wheelchair users, a park for young children, cafe, gift shop, toilets, classroom area, large area for ball games, brick BBQs for public use and of course, the wood itself, which is suitable for walkers, cyclists and horse riders. Our 6 and 4 year old love to walk, run and play here. Our favourite activity is our story walk where we play at being Hansel, Gretal, Daddy and the witch (guess who is the witch!). Little Man and Little Miss play at being Hansel and Gretal, running up and down the paths and in between trees, leaving stones and leaves (bread). We then play at killing mummy, sorry, the witch, and finally run back to Daddy’s arms. Cannock Chase is a place of fairytales, all you need to take with you is your imagination.
To read more reviews like this one, visit reallykidfriendly.com
We drew 4 names at random, and are pleased to announce our winners here:
- @SeriouslyKooky won a box of brand new children’s books from Usborne for her local primary school
- @Pippad won a box of brand new children’s books from Waterstones for her local primary school
- @a4ann won a beautiful illustrated hardcover collection of children’s stories from Usborne
- Lucy H won a signed, 10th anniversary limited edition of the wonderful touchy-feely book “That’s Not My Puppy” from Usborne
Many thanks to everyone else who entered and to those of you who helped publicise the event. We couldn’t have done it without you! An extra special thank you goes to Waterstones and Usborne, who very kindly donated all the prizes.
Buy books, eBooks and DVDs online at Waterstones.com – the UK’s leading bookseller – with FREE UK delivery.
Latest posts by Janis (see all)
- Thor: Ragnarok review – Funniest Superhero Movie Ever - October 19, 2017
- Summer Reads: Prize giveaway PLUS a monstrously funny Darkmouth interview - July 8, 2017
- 3 DIY World Book Day Costumes You’ll Love - February 25, 2017