Choosing your child’s first bike can be a tricky business indeed. Having learned to ride a bike first with a shiny red tricycle and then with a giant banana-seated bicycle with stabilisers (and ridiculous streamers), I’ve never known what to make of the huge assortment of balance bikes and running bikes I’ve seen in the playground.
Ollie from StarterBikes.co.uk is a dad himself, and has seen for himself how much difference the right first bike can make to a child. Learning to ride a bike with stabilisers makes for plenty of frustration down the line, and the bikes are usually heavy, clunky and difficult for a young child to manage comfortably.
“Running bikes”, or “balance bikes” on the other hand are light weight yet sturdy, and give your child the best opportunity to learn the concepts of steering and balance from a very young age. In fact, children as young as two can get started on a balance bike, as you know from seeing those little ones zipping confidently around the park. When the time comes to graduate to something with pedals, they’ll be off like a shot.
Well, we’re sure you’re looking forward to teaching your child to ride their first bike this Spring, so to help get you started, StarterBikes.co.uk are giving away two of their award winning balance bikes from the firstBIKE range.
These beautifully engineered bikes boast revolutionary GFR frame construction in a stylish and innovative design. Very easy to assemble, requiring only an allen key (which of course is provided). The height adjustable saddle and optional lowering kit means kids from 2 to 5 can start riding today! Certified to TUV safety standards and comes with a full two year guarantee against defects.
[button link=http://www.starterbikes.co.uk/?sbid=rkf]Visit the StarterBikes.co.uk website[/button]
Your chance to win a firstBIKE balance bike
Please also share the competition on Facebook and Twitter (#winfirstbike), and pin those lovely photos from StarterBikes.co.uk to your Pinterest boards!
Many thanks to StarterBikes.co.uk for providing these fantastic prizes!
Terms and conditions
- Competition closes at 11 pm on Sunday April 15th 2012
- Limit of 1 entry per person
- Competition open to UK residents only
- Offer is not-transferable and no cash equivalent will be given
- Two winners will be chosen at random by Really Kid Friendly from all of the entries, and our decision is final.
- Winners will be notified by email, so please double-check your email address when you leave a comment.
Latest posts by Janis (see all)
- Thor: Ragnarok review – Funniest Superhero Movie Ever - October 19, 2017
- Summer Reads: Prize giveaway PLUS a monstrously funny Darkmouth interview - July 8, 2017
- 3 DIY World Book Day Costumes You’ll Love - February 25, 2017