Who doesn’t know the story of The Lion King? When it was first released in 1994, Disney’s 32nd animated classic The Lion King took the world by storm, amazing audiences with its intensity, music and hand drawn artwork. The strong storyline, and the brave step of depicting Simba’s father’s tragic fall were enough to make most of us overlook the fact that a lion cub can’t possibly grow big and strong on a diet of grubs and moths.
The story of The Lion King
Simba is born into lion royalty but is led astray by his crooked Uncle Scar, a pack of hungry hyenas and bumbling companions Pumba and Timone. He discovers that he is destined to become a great king in his own right but to do so he must confront his enemies and stop running away from his problems.
Now you can relive the experience with your own children, this time in 3D for the very first time!
The Lion King in 3D is showing this weekend (November 5 & 6) and next (November 12 & 13) at the BFI IMAX on London’s South Bank. Tickets are available on the BFI website.
Win tickets to see The Lion King
Actor James Earl Jones lends his voice to a key character in The Lion King… but who is it?
A) Simba’s uncle, Scar
B) Simba’s father, King Mufasa
C) Simba’s warthog friend, Pumba
To submit your answer and enter our competition via the link below before 4 pm on Friday November 4th. Terms and conditions apply. See below for details.
The Diamond Edition of The Lion King will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray on November 7th. Pre-order now from Amazon to avoid disappointment!
[button link=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lion-King-Double-Play-Blu-ray/dp/B003ARSXKE]Click here to pre-order The Lion King Diamond Edition [/button]
Competition Terms and Conditions
- Prize draw open to UK residents age 18 or over
- 3 winners will be chosen at random from all the correct answers received before 4 pm on Friday November 4th 2011.
- Each winner will be entitled to free tickets for their immediate family to watch The Lion King in 3D at the BFI in London UK. We have set aside 4 tickets per winner, however if you have a larger family we will request enough tickets for all of your children, subject to availability.
- We will endeavour to grant tickets for the winner’s preferred date and time, subject to availability.
- There is no cash alternative.
- We will notify winners by email using the email address and/or mobile phone number you provide. If the details provided are not valid or if we receive no response to the email within a suitable time period we will choose an alternative winner at random.
Latest posts by Janis (see all)
- Thor: Ragnarok review – Funniest Superhero Movie Ever - October 19, 2017
- Summer Reads: Prize giveaway PLUS a monstrously funny Darkmouth interview - July 8, 2017
- 3 DIY World Book Day Costumes You’ll Love - February 25, 2017