Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including when you register as a member of the Site (when we may require information such as your name, email address, screen name, date of birth, postcode, gender and region in order to set up your profile), or if you choose to submit or incorporate additional information on your profile;
- information included in any user-generated content or other material you upload or submit to the Site from time to time, including reviews. You should exercise caution when using such information and never disclose personal information that would enable anyone to misappropriate your identity;
- information that you provide when you subscribe to any service, request any information or enter any competition or promotion we may run;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content;
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to them;
- details of your visits to the Site, the resources you access and any data you download.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services. In particular, only registered users are able to post reviews.
Information in your profile page will be displayed on the Site according to the preferences which you set. Anyone may view your profile page, subject to certain details being private according to those preferences. The default settings are explained in the Site.
Information about others
Uses made of your information
We will use the information you provide to:
- provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and/or which you request, including sending you emails and / or SMS where you confirm you wish us to do so;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users;
- identify visitors to the Site and their use of the Site;
- carry out research on our users’ demographics;
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect non-personal information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, the website from which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. This is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
The Site currently only uses session cookies, which are pieces of information that are stored in your computer’s cached memory and are available only during an active session or, in other words, whilst you are visiting the Site.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site if you do so.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity. Also, we may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to aim to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk. It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
Information that you submit via the Site is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information, subject to a fee not exceeding £10. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.