We’re very pleased to announce a brand new London festival for families… Technopop is a groundbreaking new festival for kids that aims to get them engaged with science and technology in a fun, exciting and interactive way.
Things to do at Technopop
There will be family shows from the Science Museum, a Saturday coding club and workshops galore, on a dizzying array of subjects from cutting edge 3D digital technologies to designing your own community play space.
You can get up close to a real space suit, build your own computer and hear tales of rocket launches from NASA and new business launches from amazing young entrepreneur, George Burgess, who co-founded his first company at the tender age of 15. Not to mention inspiration from top science bods, including CBBC science presenter, Fran Scott and dynamic organisations such as Sciencegrrl, set up to celebrate and support women in science.
There will be a different theme at Technopop each week:
- Week 1: Looking Up (World Space Week)
- Week 2: In Touch with Technology
- Week 3: Built Environment
- Week 4: Sports Science & The Human Body
Technopop tickets, getting there, & other FAQs
- Aimed at children aged between 6 and 19 years old
- Technopop is FREE to attend for schools, colleges and youth groups.
- Admission is FREE for children, and Adult tickets are only £10
- Based at TIQ Stratford City (The International Quarter) London – Click here for directions by public transport, car or bike
- Technopop will run from 8th October to 2nd November 2014, from 9.30am – 4.30pm Wednesday to Sunday each week.
[button link=”http://technopop.co.uk/” type=”big” newwindow=”yes”] Visit the Technopop website to find out more[/button]
Latest posts by Janis (see all)
- Thor: Ragnarok review – Funniest Superhero Movie Ever - October 19, 2017
- Summer Reads: Prize giveaway PLUS a monstrously funny Darkmouth interview - July 8, 2017
- 3 DIY World Book Day Costumes You’ll Love - February 25, 2017