I always really enjoy Mothers Day as I think it is a time not only to be able to thank your own Mother for all she does (although sadly my Mum is no longer with us but I do still think about her on this and many other days) but also for your little angels to perhaps do the same for you.
Personally what I really want for Mothers Day is:
- I would really like just a little longer under the duvet – I love you all but sleep is not just for the weak!!
- I would really appreciate a cup of tea in bed (Dads, this may mean having to organise this for the smaller angels). Milk no sugar please.
- I love handmade cards more than shop bought ones so I would really like a card for Mothers Day that is from the heart, imagination and pencils of my children. On a side note my husband still draws me a Valentines Card every year and I look forward to it so much!
- I would really love to have a cuddle from my children as actions speak louder than words as they say and who doesn’t love a cuddle?
- I would love to spend the day with my family and if you can arrange it, a bunch of flowers and the sun shining would help make it a really special day.
For those of you within travelling distance, we had a lovely family day out yesterday in Llangollen in North Wales. There are super souvenir shops, tea shops and a great park for the kids as well as the Steam Railway to enjoy and I would certainly recommend a visit. My children loved skateboarding on the ramps at the park and ‘middle son’ especially loved jumping on the rocks next to the river where in summer we go so they can have a paddle and a swim. There are lots of free attractions so it doesn’t have to be an expensive day out either. A good day was had by all.
Mother’s Day, or Mothering Sunday, is a holiday to honor mothers, falling on the fourth Sunday of Lent. Mothering Sunday in the UK is Sunday, April 03 2011.