We thought we’d celebrate the 10th Annual National Storytelling Week by running a very special competition…. Thanks to our friends at Usborne and Waterstones, we’ve got some wonderful prizes including a signed limited edition of That’s Not My Puppy and a beautiful illustrated collection of children’s stories. Two lucky winners will also be able to nominate a school, nursery, library, or children’s hospice to receive a box of brand new children’s books.
How to enter:
We’d love to read some creative and entertaining little stories (max 250 words) and tweets about places you’ve been with your kids, favourite storytelling drop-ins, your favourite story-related places (e.g. the Roald Dahl Museum) and whatever else Storytelling Week inspires you to write.
One point = One entry into the draw. Here’s how you rack up points:
- Post your story on ReallyKidFriendly.com as a review of the relevant business (you can add new businesses if need be) = 5 points
- Add your story/review to our Facebook Page, email us, or post it below = 3 points
- Publicise this competition (use #storytellingwk on Twitter so we can track entries!) = 1 point
The small print:
- There is no maximum number of entries into the draw -the more often you write / tweet the better your chances, but if we think you’re a spammer we’ll have to disqualify you.
- This prize draw closes at midnight on February 7th 2010, and we’ll notify the winners as soon as we can.
- If you post an anonymous comment below, or publicise this competition somewhere other than Twitter, remember to email / tweet to let us know who you are & how to get in touch!
- The prize draw is open to everyone in the UK over 18 years of age.
- Only registered state schools and nurseries and child-focused group/organisations with charitable status are eligible to receive a box of books selected by Waterstones / Usborne staff.
- Selected stories/reviews added below or sent to us by email / facebook will be published on ReallyKidFriendly.com under a guest / anonymous login. We will never share your personal details or email address with anyone.
A special thank you to these lovely businesses for donating the prizes:
Buy books, eBooks and DVDs online at Waterstones.com – the UK’s leading bookseller – with FREE UK delivery.
Latest posts by Janis (see all)
- Advice for the first day of school: School uniform, school shoes and name tags - August 26, 2018
- Thor: Ragnarok review – Funniest Superhero Movie Ever - October 19, 2017
- Summer Reads: Prize giveaway PLUS a monstrously funny Darkmouth interview - July 8, 2017