This autumn, one lucky family is going to win tickets to see The Snail and the Whale live on stage at the venue of their choice. For your chance to win, tell us about your own itchy foot… that’s right, we want to hear about a journey or adventure you’ve been on with your family – or a journey you would love to make if only someone would offer you a lift on their tail.
But first, here is more about the show…
A favourite with young readers, Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler’s picture book, THE SNAIL AND THE WHALE about an unlikely pairing and an incredible journey, comes to life on stage. THE SNAIL AND THE WHALE will enchant and captivate all children from age 4 upwards, with physical storytelling, live music and lots of humour.
This adaptation by Tall Stories is inspired by the work of Storybook Soldiers, who help British Military personnel abroad to record bedtime CDs for their children back home. The Snail and the Whale is the most requested book by the children for their fathers and mothers to record.
UK Tour Dates
16-17 Macrobert, Stirling
18-19 Lochgelly Centre, Fife
23-25 Liverpool Playhouse
26-27 Town Hall, Loughborough
29-31 The Lowry, Salford Quays
1-3 The Lowry, Salford Quays
8-9 The Forum, Barrow in Furness
20-21 Camberley Theatre
22-23 Key Theatre, Peterborough
25 November – 8 December at Norwich Playhouse
10 December – 5 January at St James Theatre, London
Running time: 50 minutes, no interval
Recommended age group: 4-10 and grown-ups
For more information and tour dates in America, Canada, Bermuda and Dubai seewww.tallstories.org.uk
For your chance to win tickets to see The Snail and The Whale, just add a comment below or on our Facebook page about a journey you’ve been on (or want to go on) with your kids.
For a bonus entry, share the post on your own timeline to help spread the word about this lovely show.
We’ll choose a winner from all of the entries received by 11 p.m. on Friday October 25th.
Terms and Conditions
- Competition closes 25 October 2013 at 11 p.m.
- Competition is open to UK residents only.
- Offer is not-transferable and no cash equivalent will be given.
- Prize: Admission for one family to attend the performance at the venue of their choice (for the remaining tour dates). If there are no tickets remaining for that venue you may pass the tickets to a friend.
- One (1) winner will be selected from all of the entries received by the closing date. Selection will be made by Really Kid Friendly judges, and our decision is final.
- We will aim to contact the winners within 48 hours of the competition closing date.
Latest posts by Janis (see all)
- Summer Reads: Prize giveaway PLUS a monstrously funny Darkmouth interview - July 8, 2017
- 3 DIY World Book Day Costumes You’ll Love - February 25, 2017
- Best Kids’ eBooks for Kindle - December 24, 2016