[et_pb_section admin_label=”Section” fullwidth=”off” specialty=”off”][et_pb_row admin_label=”Row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
Disney addict? Well, we think you’re going to be pretty jealous when you hear what we’ve been up to… we were invited to a special sneak peek at Disney’s 2016 line-up, including the hilarious Zootropolis (aka Zootopia), out in UK cinemas March 25th 2016.
As the title would suggest, Zootropolis is set in a mammal metropolis – complete with elephants serving ice cream (with their trunks, ugh), rhinos catching criminals, and loping gnus reading Gnusweek on the subway. The idea is very “big city” – you can be anything you want to be, and Officer Judy Hopps dreams of being the first bunny on the police force. Breaking that glass ceiling proves to be much tougher than she ever imagined, but she gets a rare opportunity to prove her worth by cracking a case. The only thing is that her best source is a fox con-artist.
Our favourite parts of Zootropolis:
- Zootropolis and its inhabitants!! The Walt Disney animation team have designed the most incredibly clever habitats to suit different animals, and the tiny little details – such as the animals’ gaits when on two feet – are a joy to discover. One to watch a few times over just to savour all those neat little “easter eggs” they have thrown in.
- Officer Judy Hopps (Ginnifer Goodwin) chatting with her very risk-averse parents over Skype after her first day of work. We warn you, it’ll feel just like watching yourself on the screen.
- Sarcastic yet charming fox con-artist Nick Wilde in pretty much every single scene. He just IS Jason Bateman, and who doesn’t love Jason Bateman??
While the movie is big fun and most definitely a comedy, it really hits home with its not-so-subtle messages about stereotypes and workplace discrimination – massive kudos to Disney for tackling such a tricky issue head on and making us laugh so hard in the process.
We can’t wait! What did you think of the trailer?
Latest posts by Janis (see all)
- Advice for the first day of school: School uniform, school shoes and name tags - August 26, 2018
- Thor: Ragnarok review – Funniest Superhero Movie Ever - October 19, 2017
- Summer Reads: Prize giveaway PLUS a monstrously funny Darkmouth interview - July 8, 2017