- Paint – poster or acrylic (depending on the age of your children)
- PVA Glue
- Pebbles or stones
- Googlie eyes
- The first stage is to prepare your stones or pebbles, I just popped them in the dishwasher and let them dry and cool down.
- We then painted a base colour on to the stone and allowed it to dry.
- We then added some details on to the bugs, turning them in to bee’s, ladybirds and scary black bugs!
- One this has dried, then cover with a coat of PVA Glue and again set aside and allow to dry.
- You can then add some googlie eyes. You may still need to glue these even if they are self adhesive.
- To finish the paperweight you can glue a piece of felt to the bottom.
Written by MADS finalist Mrs Mad from Mum in the Madhouse.
Loved this little craft idea? Show a bit of love for our guest blogger by commenting below!