To celebrate the launch of Disney’s brand new animated feature, Winnie the Pooh, we’ve got a great Pooh-inspired activity for your family to enjoy over the Easter break. Your children can make their very own Winnie the Pooh egg baskets – all you need is some printer-friendly card, scissors, and a bit of glue. If you’ve got some shredded coloured paper, you can add a nest inside for the eggs too. It’s the perfect little activity to enjoy before your Easter Egg hunt.
1. Print out this template. Any weight will do, but we’d recommend at least 100 gsm if you want your baskets to last! If you’re collecting those heavy Cadbury eggs, you might want to use matt photo paper or card.
2. Use scissors or a craft knife to cut out Pooh’s body and each of his arms.
3. Take Pooh’s body and fold along each dashed line. Make each fold away from you except for Pooh’s legs. For Pooh’s legs, fold the top dashed line towards you and the bottom line away from you. This will help Pooh sit on the edge of a table or shelf.
4. Glue the tabs to the inside of Pooh’s body. The glued tabs will create an open box on Pooh’s back. Note that if you’re doing this activity just before your Easter Egg Hunt, the glue might not have time to dry – use tape instead!
5. Fold each of Pooh’s arms in half along the dashed line and glue or tape the two sides together. Glue each arm to Pooh’s sides.
6. If you want to make a basket instead of a box, just tape a paper or string handle to the box!
7. Let your Easter Egg box dry for at least an hour if you were using glue. While you’re waiting for the glue to dry, why not try out this Winnie the Pooh and Piglet Easter Egg Hunt maze?
8. Add some shredded coloured paper to make a nest for the eggs.
9. See who can find the most Easter eggs to fill up their little basket!
More Easter Craft Ideas
These other creative Easter Craft ideas are wonderful for spending quality time with your children over the long school holidays, and will really bring out their creative sides.
|Felt chicks||Rabbit’s favourite Easter cupcakes|
|Easter Tulips||Painted Easter Egg Planter|
[box]Many thanks to Disney for these family craft ideas! For more Disney printables, crafts, and recipes, visit Family.com/Disney.[/box]
All images copyright Disney.